Monday, May 18, 2009

NOW the weather is pretty...

Hey Ya'll,

Have you ever noticed that the weekends are a washout and then it clears up during the week? I couldn't even get out to the Scottish Weekend at Ren-fest Saturday because although it was only spitting rain here, there was a doplar radarish green hue hovering over Fairburn off and on for most of the day. Oh well, there's always the Highland Games in October... There is something about naked knees and bag pipe music and either you understand it or you don't. :-) Besides, my new room mate helped me with a plumbing issue, so now I have water in my shower off the bathroom again. A few years ago, another friend helped with a plumbing issue with my toilet in that same bathroom and accidentally hooked up the hot water to the toilet. I will allow your imagination to take that one wherever it will...


A big HawkTalk thanks goes out to Bruce D. in Marietta for getting a couple of dump trucks full of stone donated for our pathetic driveway. He provided transportation from AWARE out in Lilburn last week for a nestling Barred owl and I cautioned him that if he didn't want to get stuck in my driveway, to park at the church and walk the baby down to the house. He surveyed the situation and offered to help. I am so very grateful. He has already been out to start grading the driveway and even without the stone, it's already better.

Another HawkTalk thanks goes out to Dan F. for coming out Friday and helping me with changing out the chain on my Barbie Chainsaw. Then he took down a couple of larger trees that I was too skiddish to tackle alone and helped with a bunch of saplings that are starting to take over.

And ANOTHER big thanks goes out to Mr. and NanaNature Lanier for helping take down a half dead tree and starting me off on designing an adoption program, respectively. Terre S. down in Atlanta finished the graphics and provided the printing and we have already made a little Mouse Money with our new adoption program. One student at a local school where I was pitching it actually thought that Scully would get to go home with her! Not. :-)


The babies are growing...

...and growing! We love mice! More mice, please!

Wouldn't it be nice to live like this, to never know hunger or be scared that you won't be able to make enough money to keep your house? I hope they will never know how scared their mom is...

Ya'll take care of yourselves and each other and thank you for taking the time to read my blog...m.

2 Comments:

At May 18, 2009 at 11:35 AM , Anonymous Loretta Bobo said...

Monteen
Please post your address, or is it somewhere and I have missed it? I'll be happy to mail a donation of $50.
Loretta

 
At June 9, 2009 at 9:36 AM , Blogger Gaina said...

Hello :) I come to you via Chris Sperring's blog and I would love to know what that gorgeous little red owl is in the first picture :).

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home