Sunday, December 23, 2012

"The Birds"

Normally, the chickens are chomping at the bit to get out of their coop in the morning, but on this particular morn, they just stood there looking at me like I was nuts or something and not moving a muscle. Then I heard Sam calling from his chamber on the other side of the barn, which isn't unusual because he usually either hoots or chortles when he hears me coming up the trail. THEN, I heard a LOUD call from right ABOVE me. A massive female GHO was out in broad daylight, flirting with Sam and giving the girls a once over while she was at it. Man, was she ever beautiful... That is the reason I have a two roof system on my chambers because when a wild one drops down for a visit, there won't be any accidental talon locking... Gots to protect my babes... *sniff*






Here is hoping everyone has a good and safe Christmas and New Year celebration! Me? I'll be on a rat run to Raleigh and will be stressed and exhausted, but hopefully, returning with a cache of rodents to last a while.
 
Thank you so much for helping HawkTalk along the way. For those of you who know me personally, I live a simple and humble life. I am so appreciative for your contributions and I am so lucky I get to live with and provide assistance for this incredible group of birds! HoHoHo!  ....m.  www.hawktalk.org

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home