Saturday, June 6, 2009

HawkTalkWalk July 11th...

Nancy Giles is the lady who helped me feel better after my car crash. During my treatment with her (which became a part-time job over the last two and a half months) she started taking a leadership course and one of the requirements was to do a community service project for a non-profit organization and so she offered to help us raise some badly needed Mouse Money. She is putting together a fundraiser walk for us over in Boling Park in Canton July 11th, 2009.

www.hawktalk.org has the link for the registration form on the Home Page. You can either PayPal the entry fee or print off the form and mail a check to the address listed on the bottom of the form. The entry fee is 35.00 and 25.00 for seniors and students. Even if you can't make it up to Cherokee County, we would still appreciate the contribution. It has been a cra-zazy baby season and I have been overwhelmed.

It has been a long six weeks for "Hank", the Harris hawk, but we had to euthanize her today. Her infection still raged and the bones didn't knit properly. I try to set a timeline in regards to their treatment because I have only so much room, time AND food. All my chambers had been full and I had 4 in the house at one point recently. I'm lucky my roomie didn't kill us all. He would have been well within his right to do so. I think it's called Close Encounters of the Bird Kind... Don has been a good sport about my goofy lifestyle.








Wally, the crow is doing well and we go in Monday for the last bandage removal to see if he can open his foot properly. He's finally self feeding, except he would love it if I just stood there all day and hand fed him stuff. This bird eats better than I do. I'm spending close to ten dollars a week just on him. Good grief.









The young Red-shouldered hawk is out and doing well. I finally got her to come down to the pond's hackboard Thursday so she can see the pond and all it's goodies. This is to be her dinner table until she migrates. But mainly, she's hanging out on the deck and being her usual loud self!

This was not quite the pond I had in mind, but we're working on it!






This poor Barred owl got tangled up in fishing line in a tree over at Lake Allatoona. He looked pretty pitiful at first, but I've started physical therapy and he's coming along nicely. I feel good about his potential for release...

Ya'll be kind to yourselves and each other and thank you for taking the time to read my blog....m.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home