Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Breaking News! A date for the fund raiser!

Hey ya'll,

Well...here we go. Please Mark your Calendars for Thursday, July 29th! I haven't wanted to mention this until I was sure it would happen... I have been meeting with an event planner AND celebrity chef by the name of Sean Patrick O'Keefe.

Here are a couple links about Sean:

http://flyingchangesweightloss.blogspot.com/2009/03/day-81-chef-sean-okeefe-its-all-good.html

http://www.karlwells.com/aug2006.htm

Champs over at North Point in Alpharetta has agreed to host two fund raisers, the first being July 29th and the second one about 6 weeks later. The tickets are only $10.00 each and HT gets to keep all ticket sales. (Just to put things in some sort of perspective, ten dollars will buy us 20 jumbo mice and will feed one of my big birds for 10 days!)

Hawktalk.org's site is down due to mean old hackers that stole into BlueHost, the server that our site is hosted by, so I cannot direct you over there to click on the PayPal icon for the ticket. But, it's just as easy to just go over to www.paypal.com and click on SEND MONEY and it will walk you through the rest. Easy as pie!

For the ticket price, you get a drink and FOOD. We will be there with a bird or two and we are now in the process of gathering auction items. If you have anything you would be willing to donate for the auction, please call me to discuss 770.720.1847, for me to pick up or mail the item to:

HawkTalk
P.O. Box 130
Holly Springs, GA 30142

If you need to send it to my physical address:

Monteen McCord
6730 Union Hill Rd.
Canton, GA 30115

For those of you who know me personally, you know that I keep a rather low profile. Why, some would even call me a loner and a recluse, so Sean is trying to raise our profile a little so people will know what the heck HawkTalk is all about. He's lined us up to be at one of his other charity events for Haiti over at a wonderful estate built by Larry Dean called...Dean Gardens, on the evening of Saturday, July 17th. If you haven't seen these gardens...well, you're in for a treat.

You can take a virtual tour by going over to http://homesoftherich.net/2008/08/dean-gardens-alpharettas-finest-mega-mansion.html

Holy cow, is all I can say. This place is unbelievable.

I have bird news, too...of course, but I will write that in another blog because I don't want to make this one too long.

Even if you can't come, you can still be a part of it by purchasing a ticket (or multiple tickets:) or donating an auction item.

As always, thank you for taking the time to read my blog and on behalf of Sam, Scully, Grace, Maxine, Artemis, Jeffrey AND Nigel, we appreciate your continued support....m.

2 Comments:

At July 6, 2010 at 12:21 PM , Blogger Gaina said...

Excellent news! I hope it goes well for you :)

I am something if a hermit myself and do not cope well with crowds but I have to say the two functions I've attended for the Hawk and Owl Trust have actually been relaxing! I think it's got a lot to do with being around the birds, and they act as a 'buffer' between you and the other humanoids. In fact, I'd go do far as to say it's Owls specifically. I'm never more calm than I am around an Owl, they just seem to exude tranquility. :)

 
At July 6, 2010 at 1:33 PM , Blogger Monteen said...

I bet that being around them reduces one's blood pressure. They are still magical for me...even after 27 years....m.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home