Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Paying it forward...

Hey ya’ll,

Every now and then, I blubber when I’m sorting mail at the post office. It could be the property tax bill I can’t afford, or a bird poem that plucks at my heart strings. In this case, it was a card I received from my 12 year old great-nephew, Tobby… It was the sweetest thing he did and I was overwhelmed.

He had been saving for two weeks to go towards a new skateboard, but he sent it to us instead, to help keep us alive. This amount of money would buy 35 mice and could feed the birds for 3-4 days. His mom was so proud of his generosity, she took him down to the store last Saturday and was going to use her money to put one down on layaway for him. He was telling the store owner what he did with his savings and so he allowed my nephew to pick out a board for layaway with no money required for down payment….m.

2 Comments:

At April 7, 2010 at 7:19 PM , Anonymous Glenda said...

He's such a good kid. Guess we know who he took that after! LOL!

 
At April 9, 2010 at 3:05 PM , Blogger Gaina said...

Sometimes I need a reminder like this that a lot of humans are still worth a you-know-what. Thanks :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home