Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Quick update...

Hey y’all,

I’m pretty good at a few things, unfortunately, marketing isn’t one of them and I keep forgetting to mention this site for those of you who do online shopping. http://www.goodsearch.com/goodshop.aspx You key in our charity’s name, HawkTalk, do your shopping at all these cool sites (that people have actually heard of) and the stores send us some Mouse Money and you get a good bargain while helping out in the process. See? Everyone wins. Cool, no?

Wally the Barred owl that got whacked by a chicken truck is remaining calm and being as polite as he can possibly be. His demeanor is stable and he doesn’t seem depressed, which is more than I can say for a lot of folks I know…

And Stacy is waiting for an appointment with the animal ophthalmologist to see how the retina in faring. He’s keeping an eye out for us in the meantime…

The newest patient is Dieter the Screech owl, and has already been in hospital for treatment for a concussion.
You can tell he still has a headache… Thanks to Vicki and Daniel for bringing him to me!

I hope you have been enjoying this wonderful weather, but I’m covered up with leaves. This time of year, I fantasize about living in the desert without a tree for a hundred miles. But then I get over it….m.

www.hawktalk.org
http://monteenmccord.blogspot.com

2 Comments:

At November 10, 2011 at 7:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope that all is well with you and your birds. I agree with you about the leaves...it's like Leaf Mountain in my backyard. I do LOVE the crisp, cool weather and the beautiful shades of red, orange, and yellow...Autumn is my favorite season. How are your permanent birds? Sam, Nigel, Scully and the others? I was doing some research last night, and came across The World Owl Centre in England...WOW!!! They house over 100 different birds of all species...I would be in heaven there viewing the birds, the castle, and the flower gardens. Well...just wanted to inquire about you and your birds, and lend a little support. God bless you and you charges. Hugs D.

 
At November 10, 2011 at 8:17 AM , Blogger Monteen said...

The UK is littered with places that keep birds as a result of regular people buying young owls as pets, then needing somewhere to put them when they come to their senses. :)

The permanent residents are hale and hearty. Every day, I look at Sam with a profound sense of gratitude that he was able to come back from the brink from a health scare in August...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home