Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Extra-Extra...Read All About It!

Hey Y'all,

In my 27 years of living and working with raptors, we have had all sorts of newspaper and magazine articles written, but Jonathan Copsey from Appen newspapers, nailed it with this one. Here is the link to the on-line version. The hard copy is out and are in boxes all over North Fulton and South Forsyth. You'll have to copy and paste the link onto your browser.

http://www.northfulton.com/Articles-c-2010-08-23-184019.114126-sub_Hawk_Talk_keeps_raptors_safe.html

I am in the process of submitting the paperwork to have Icabod transferred from Rehab to Possession so that I can present him in displays and lectures to the public. For now, I am giving him a lot of time to heal from his horrible wounding. We're almost there! Most barn owls don't make good education birds because they are wild as a snake and just durn grouchy. Unfortunately for them, non-releasable birds have few options short of sleeping with the fishes, so I really hope he adjusts to a life in captivity.

Icabod



The five birds that are coming:

Sam- the Great Horned owl


Jeffrey - the Barred owl


Nigel - the Tawny owl


Scully - the Screech owl


Crazy Maxine - the Red-tailed hawk


Jeffrey and Maxine will hang out in their respective crates and will be taken out every now and they because they won't behave on a perch like the other kids.

The cocktail options are:
Brown sugar Margarita
Vodka & Lemonade

Appetizer options:
chicken wings
potato skins
chips 7 salsa
queso dip


WooHoo!

Bill has that hang-dog look and will be sad that he can't go...


Sookie could care less...she just surfs the internet when I'm gone. She can work a mouse like nobody's business!

As always, thanks for taking the time to read my blog and for those of you on my email subscriber list, if the time comes that you wish to be removed because you just can't take it anymore, just drop me a line!

1 Comments:

At September 4, 2010 at 3:32 PM , Blogger Gaina said...

I'm glad Icabod is doing better, he's so beautiful :).

Tell Scully he has fans in England. I hope you (and he) will take it as a compliment when I say his face makes me chuckle every time I see it. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home