Monday, August 3, 2009

Running down the hall with my hair on fire...

Georgia has stayed for quite a while, longer than I wanted, really. I think she either ran off or killed the little Cooper's hawk I was hacking out. Ugh... I never thought my hacking operation would work so well that they would actually come back! I haven't seen her in several days and hopefully, she has ventured away. I even tried trapping her with Han's modified bow net, but she was much too clever and I came closer to catching my cat Elliott than crafty Georgia. Once again however, she has proven to be a beautiful model and afforded me more photo opportunities...


I have released three Screech owls since my last blog and they are doing well and coming down to the hackboard at night. One is even roosting in the barn by day.

Here they are upon arrival


And as they grew...

And grew...

Here is their first night out in the big, bad world...


Speaking of which, I have to scoot and call them in for supper!

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog and please remember if anyone out there has a reliable old SUV (with a good a/c) hanging around with no one to love it, I have room in my heart (and driveway) for it! ....m.

1 Comments:

At August 4, 2009 at 1:06 PM , Blogger Gaina said...

Hello Monteen :)

I am on twitter, so would you like me to 'Tweet' that request for an SUV? I could direct them to your blog and and see what kind of response you get.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home